Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

It may have been a while since I last posted but I can tell you, I have been a busy bee.  Not only have I been writing, yes you read me correctly, I have been writing, but I have also been researching literary agents.  My list of potential agents is rather long, but I am excited because they are in many different genres, ie. picture books, chapter books, middle grade fiction and YA, also memiors, parenting and blogs.  I have alot ahead of me, but feel as though I am taking the bull fully by the horns and making a move in the right direction.

Since I last posted I have written about 8 pages of work.  Now, they were not all on my Blog Book 'B'.  I am writing a narrative of my experiences attempting to potty train my daughter.  This is a 'journey' we have been on now for several months, and from the look of things will be continuing on that journey for another few months!  I decided to journal my thoughts and feelings in hopes that I may be able to inspire or at least commiserate with other parents going through the same 'joyous' event!

Blog Book 'B' is now a little heftier, which is a good thing, but I am still further behind than I hoped I would be by this stage in our gorgeous summer.  The days still drag me outside when I should be inside writing but as I have said before, how can I say no to my beautiful baby girl when she wants me to splash about in her paddling pool?  I just can't.  Joy of joys though, some new motivation came my way in the shape of a 'wish list' from an agent.  In her blog she describes some books she would love to see, and as yet hasn't.  My Blog Book 'B' would fall into one of the categories on her wish list....fate?  So I have a new fire under my backside, and with some luck and a whole lot of typing, I may make the agent stand up and take notice of me.

Speaking of agents, I have sent out my manuscripts, yes I have more than one, to some literary agents.  Their average response time is about 4-6 weeks, so don't expect to hear from me in the next day or two with news of an acceptance!  Nothing came of my Blog Book 'A' going off to the agent, but hopefully this time may be different, keep those fingers crossed!

Happy Summer!!

Happy Penning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment