Monday, June 6, 2011

Knocking out Book 'B'

So my heart has returned back to normal, and now reality is once again a cloud above!  I have begun to add to Book 'B' and sat for a while today and knocked out about 3 pages.  Later, I may sit in my scent filled garden under my wasp infested umbrella sipping a flavoured water and add a few more pages to it, although I am not sure because the deliciousness of my water may entice the pesky wasps to come and take a dip, so maybe not after all!!

It is definitely summer here in Denver.  The lilacs are blossoming as are the lilies and irises.  The grass is slowly beginning to scorch if not watered on an almost daily basis and the water bill will be ever expanding the further we get into summer.   The smell of sunscreen on my daughter is heaven, that is when you know the pool is open and beckoning you to come and splash about.  As yet we haven't graced the pool with my pasty white chubby thighs but give me time and I will clear the place out. 

I live in a relatively dry climate but for some reason it is sticky, sticky, sticky.  I don't so well in humidity, even though I grew up in England, rather humid, I am now so used to the dryness of Colorado that one bead of humid sweat sends me running into air conditioning.  I have a hard time concentrating when I am hot and can get kind of crabby, just ask my family.  So, I am hoping that although I know I should, I am not too sure if I will, get alot of work on my manuscript done this summer.  Between the pull of the pool and other outdoorsy fun, and without air conditioning in my house, we do have a swamp cooler but not the same, I am not sure about the level of productivity.

An indication of my lack of writing may also be seen in the decreased amount of posts on this blog.  So, if you haven't seen some spew of words here for a while, just know that I am probably still alive and well, just out at the pool scaring folk off or wrestling my water from a band of wasps, either way I will try to be as creative as I can.

'Penned Pages'

This weekend was so busy for me that I haven't touched my manuscript since about Wed of last week, however, today I got it back onto my lap and banged out 3 pages!

'Week In Writing'

I haven't begun a storyboard yet, I am thinking about it but in the mean time I am writing.  So far no storyboard has been necessary.  I was sitting today with my laptop on my lap (surprise), and found that 3 pages just came from within.  Now, I am not saying one will never be necessary, I am just saying for now, one is not needed. 

Today was the first day in almost a week that I sat down to add anything to my book.  I wasn't sure if I would remember where my train of thought was going from last time but I did.  Could it be that a story 'speaks' to you so to speak? (no pun intended).  I listened to an interview with Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert the other day and she said that she actually speaks to her stories, the ones in her head or that have just been penned.  Bizarre? or should we all admit to speaking to inanimate objects or in some cases fantastical ideas?  Would our souls be cleansed and more open to new ideas and story lines if we spoke to them?  I don't know the answer to that just as I don't know the answer to 'If a tree falls in a forest and no-one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound??'

Happy Penning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment