Friday, June 3, 2011

Revisions complete!!

I have spent the last week revising Book 'A'.  My wonderful husband printed it off and I was able to make notes and corrections, which was so much easier than trying to do it on the computer.  So now I have a completed manuscript!!  What next?  Well, I am going to get some query letters and submission letters sorted out and send Book 'A' to literary agents and publishers, and hopefully get a bite :)

The most difficult thing about revising was sorting through what was necessary to the story and what wasn't, also how to tie everything together or at least make it flow and not end up choppy with information here, there and everywhere.  But for the most part I think it is decent, and ready to go to agents.

Since I have my e-book up and running, and Book 'A' is complete, I can now focus on Book 'B'.  I have sent the first few pages to a friend of mine whose opinion I respect, so she can give me an honest first look.  I am not sure about how the middle part of the book will turn out, but I have the beginning and I know how it will end, but what about the stuff in the centre, which is pretty important don't you think??  I could do a fill in the blank book, wouldn't that be fun?  I also need to figure out the age group I am writing this book for, defintely kids but should it be middle grade or older?  Once I have that sorted out then my language and content will hopefully make its way from my mind to the laptop!!

I was thinking about storyboarding Book 'B', I don't usually do a storyboard, or map out where the story is going, I usually sit in front of my computer and let it happen.  Maybe having a difinitive path to follow would make it easier, I will let you know!

Well, that's it for now, have a fun weekend everyone.

Happy Penning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment