Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Beginning

This is the beginning of my writing career, well at least I hope so.  I love to write, and have been writing for many years, but have not done anything about it.  This blog is to help me through the writing process.  It is for me to vent if need be about...well everything!  It is to keep me honest and have ownership of my penning ability.  For all I know I may be a terrible writer.  I will be 100% truthful about any and all hurdles I come up against, either from myself or others.

I am currently writing a middle grade fiction chapter book, it is not yet finished, in fact I am probably only about a third of the way through writing it, but with the help of this blog, and you, if you follow me, I can track my penned pages.  I can hopefully come to a place where I have completed the book and then we will see if I can convince an agent or publisher to read it and say "amazing, I want it!".  So, let's dream together about the completion of my book, and about the publishing that will, I am remaining positive, come to fruition.

Each week I will update my 'penned pages', the amount of pages I have written, and how many remain to my goal of a finished book, or at least close enough! 
I will give an honest review of my 'week in writing', the good, the bad and the ugly of my journey to become an author.
I will also pose questions and thoughts in my 'author's authority', a place to share, converse, inform, and think outside the box.

So, without further ado.....let us begin the journey of 'Penning with Purpose'.

No comments:

Post a Comment