Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Book

So I have started, and not discarded, a new story.  Like many of my other stories I have a burst of inspiration, and then.......nothing.  But, unlike other tales I have attempted to tell, this is one I am going to blog about and complete.  I will share, as usual, my penned pages, and my week in writing.  So lets begin another journey with each other, not forgetting that our first adventure is not yet complete, as my book has not been picked up for publication yet, so I will keep you up to date with Book 'A', and here we are beginning Book 'B'.

'Penned Pages'

Monday: 2 pages
Tuesday: 1 page
Wednesday: nothing yet, but give me time!!

'Week In Writing'

This week I decided to begin a new story.  I had my usual burst of excitement and got that down on paper, then inspriation went out the window when I was summoned to play 'picnic time' with my daughter, but do not dispair, I shall get back to it and hopefully have some interesting twists and turns to place in my book.

I think quite alot about the starting out authors who have young children and how they did it.  How they managed to put their thoughts down on paper with a toddler running rampant through the house!  And not feeling guilty when the kids want to play a game or go outside and play.  I haven't been able to have a decent relationship with my laptop and my thoughts when my daughter is up and awake!!  I usually wait til she is resting in bed or if she is having a TV addiciton day!  But even then, the dog and the doorbell always seem to bark/ring at the most inopportune times!  Oh well, I am sure all those other female writers are having similar experiences as I am.  As a Mom we just have to push through it and get it done!  Right Moms??

Happy Penning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment